Monday, September 28, 2026

The Financial Consequences Became Impossible to Contain - September 2022

By September 2022, the consequences of what had happened to me at work were no longer confined to my employment, my health, or the failed workers compensation “scheme”.


They had reached my superannuation.


They had reached my home.


They had reached my family.


And they had reached the point where I was asking an accountant and finance professionals to help me deal with financial decisions I had made in an emergency - decisions I had been pushed into while trying to survive financially and keep a roof over my head.


The documents from September 2022 are confronting to read because they capture something that can easily disappear when institutional harm is reduced to files, claim numbers, procedures and correspondence.


They show what happens when a person has been trying for too long to get systems to respond.


——


6 September 2022: “I need your help”


On 6 September 2022, I emailed my SMSF specialist adviser.


The subject line was simple:


“SMSF I need your help”


There was nothing abstract about what I was asking.


I wrote:


“I seriously can’t repeat my story. It’s trauma and I’m about to collapse.”


I explained that I had been sending evidence concerning SIRA, SafeWork NSW and what had happened in the workers compensation process to journalists and the Fair Work Ombudsman. I was exhausted by having to document, explain and repeat the same events.


But the immediate reason for the contact was my self-managed superannuation fund.


I had been pushed into making emergency financial decisions in order to “keep the roof over my head” and save my life from serious corporate misconduct as extreme retaliation for requesting a safe work environment.


I wanted help dealing with the ATO. I wanted the circumstances surrounding those decisions properly explained rather than treated as though they had occurred in a vacuum.


And I ended that email with words that perhaps say more about my condition at that point than pages of formal correspondence ever could:


“I’m exhausted ... I need support.”


That email wasn’t written years after the event as a reconstruction of how I felt. It was written on 6 September 2022, while I was living it.


——


The earlier complaint was already there


Later that morning, on 6 September 2022, I sent a correction because I had attached the wrong SIRA evidence.


I wrote:


“This is the email reporting employer fraud. Look at the date.”


The document I then provided was my 11 January 2021 complaint to SIRA.


This wasn’t something I had suddenly begun alleging in September 2022 because I had run into financial difficulty. The attached record shows that I had complained to SIRA more than 20 months earlier, setting out in considerable detail what were serious failures in the handling of my workers compensation and return-to-work arrangements.


My January 2021 complaint recorded, among other things, that I had received no return-to-work plan; no consent form enabling the return-to-work coordinator to communicate with my treating practitioners; no claim form when it should have been provided; and no communication and cooperation concerning my return to work. I also documented my repeated efforts to stop contact from the stressor and reason for the claim (a representative of the employer, not a colleague), that was causing further psychological harm under a statutory scheme.


The complaint contains a detailed chronology beginning with my first certificate of capacity on 22 May 2020. It records events through June, July, August, September and October 2020, including my approaches to WIRO (now IRO) and my efforts to obtain a return-to-work process.


The documentary point is important:


I had been reporting the underlying problems long before the financial consequences reached the position documented in September 2022.


And by September, I was exhausted from continuing to prove that history.


In my follow-up email, I wrote:


“I’m so tired I can’t repeat myself or do this alone anymore. I do it with trauma injuries now.”


That’s what prolonged administrative failure and severe systemic harm can look like from the other side of the desk.


——


$290,000


My SMSF accountant replied on 7 September 2022.


Her response provides an independent contemporaneous record of the seriousness of the financial situation.


After reviewing the fund, she wrote:


“I have looked into this and can see that a total of $290,000 has been withdrawn from the fund (including a return of funds)”


She identified the immediate steps: complete the 2022 tax return, establish whether the withdrawn money would be repaid, and then determine what needed to happen next.


Importantly, she didn’t pretend that she could determine what the ATO would do. She explained that the discretion rested with the ATO and described outcomes she had previously seen, while acknowledging that other resolutions might be available.*


Her response was professional, practical and humane:


“As always we are here to help as best we can.”


That mattered.


Because by then I desperately needed somebody to help me solve one problem rather than create another one.


* NOTE: I don’t know what’s been written in this document regarding ATO  “outcomes previously seen”. I did not view for my emotional safety. My situation is unique and extraordinary. 


SafeWork NSW started this systemic abuse when it was their job to intervene to stop a large publicly funded university employer perpetrating psychosocial hazards they were legally obligated to manage! The system failed to do its job to enforce compliance on the real offenders in this case, and now I’m very frightened because that very system that failed to protect me, threatens to punish me for its own failures!! 


WTF!! STOP! 


ALL THIS SYSTEMIC ABUSE HAPPENED BECAUSE I REQUESTED A SAFE WORK ENVIRONMENT! ARE THERE LEADERS IN OUR GOVERNMENT AGENCIES WHO ARE ACTUALLY CAPABLE OF CREATING SOLUTIONS? 


STOP HURTING AND ABUSING THE COMPLIANT TAX PAYER! 


THIS IS THE BIGGEST REASON I WORK IN A PUBLICLY FUNDED UNIVERSITY! MY EMPLOYEE ENTITLEMENTS AND RIGHTS WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE BEEN PROTECTED! 


——


That money was used to complete the settlement of my home in a security swap that should never have happened! Senior duty officers at both ACU and CCI committed fraud as adverse action, because I requested a psychosocially safe work environment! And the regulators, my local MP for Kogarah, Chris Minns and so many bullshit “professionals” let it happen! 


This is not hearsay. Take my records, start a commissioned legitimate external investigation that includes publicly published findings! Do your jobs, senior public servants, currently in office, and INVESTIGATE! I did my job and I was forced to do it for FREE! 


For readers, view my previous blog posts titled THE PARALLEL CRISIS! 


——


15 September 2022


On 15 September 2022, I replied in considerably more detail.


One point deserves particular emphasis because it explains my intention:


“I plan to put the money back.”


And shortly afterwards:


“The money will be put back in the superannuation fund.”


The financial circumstances had arisen downstream from what had been serious adverse action for requesting a safe work environment. Theft and fraud in my employment, workers compensation and return-to-work processes. I expected those matters to be corrected and the financial damage addressed.


I definitely didn’t expect the systemic and regulatory harm to go on for this long. Nor the continued financial damage because of the systemic failures. 


I’m still forced to beg for my legally owed weekly payments and implementation of the injury management plan agreement under the workers compensation statutory scheme. 


Both ACU and CCI senior duty officers must stop the false narrative they fabricated to financially annihilate me and present a dishonest and damaging characterisation to the regulators on record! 


And the regulators should have done their jobs and independently verified if that bullshit was true or not! 


A completely independent investigation is now ESSENTIAL! Stop the institutional theft of all my STATUTORY ENTITLEMENTS!


Then, and only then, can I get lawyers and accountants to calculate the real financial cost of this serious corporate misconduct. Only then can true remediation and restitution occur regarding my SMSF and other investments, and my legally owed income that I’m still being deprived of IN BAD FAITH AND WORSE!


I wasn’t writing as somebody indifferent to her obligations. Quite the opposite.


I’m not the one who’s indifferent to my legal obligations. 


There are two powerful institutions behind this corporate conduct dishonestly dodging their legal obligations (and duty of care), and there’s a huge mountain of evidence to prove that conduct and my attempts with regulators, lawyers, systems, elected representatives, union and everything I could reasonably think of to do, to stop this institutional abuse! 


Public exposure and pushing for a legitimate external investigation with published findings are now the ONLY OPTIONS. 


I was frightened about what would happen because I had tried for so long to comply with systems that I increasingly didn’t trust.


I told my accountant that I needed the ATO to understand why I had made the withdrawals. I explained that I planned to seek support from my local federal MP’s office to open correspondence from the Fair Work Ombudsman because by then even receiving another letter from a government body had become psychologically difficult for me.*


That detail is important. People sometimes talk about regulatory processes as though making another complaint, opening another letter, filling in another form or contacting another agency is a neutral administrative act.


It isn’t neutral after years of distress. The whole systemic “process” is a failure and inhumane! 


By September 2022, I was contemplating going to an MP’s office simply so I would not have to open a government letter alone.


*Update - Both my elected representatives for Barton, then and now, and the Fair Work Ombudsman, have also been a COLOSSAL FAILURE. See - http://mystory-myvoice.blogspot.com/2026/09/the-fair-work-ombudsman-when-another.html


——


The significance of these records


These documents aren’t primarily about accounting.


They’re evidence of consequences.


The January 2021 SIRA complaint documents what I was saying about the workers compensation and return-to-work process at that time.


The September 2022 correspondence documents what was happening financially more than a year and a half later.


My SMSF adviser independently identified $290,000 withdrawn from the fund, including a return of funds. 


My messages document my fear of further financial loss, my intention to restore money to the fund, my attempts to obtain professional assistance and my difficulty coping cognitively with yet another layer of bureaucracy.


They also document something else.


Someone was trying to help me.


An accountant said, we are here to help.


These were relatively small acts of ordinary professional humanity. Yet by September 2022 they felt extraordinary because I had spent so much time trying to get institutions whose functions directly concerned workplace safety, workers compensation and employment rights to meaningfully respond to what I was reporting.


——


Financial harm is not separate from psychological safety


The system (and indifferent elected Labor representatives) must STOP dividing these things into separate boxes.


Employment.


Workers compensation.


Health.


Superannuation.


Tax.


Housing.


Family.


Regulators.


But a human life doesn’t operate in administrative silos.


When income security is disrupted by large employers in illegal deprivation as adverse action, savings become survival money.


When savings disappear, housing becomes vulnerable.


When financial insecurity becomes prolonged, family relationships come under pressure.


When a person experiencing psychological injury must simultaneously navigate employers, insurers, regulators, lawyers, tax obligations and financial institutions, the administrative burden itself can become another source of distress.


That’s what these records capture.


And perhaps the most troubling part is that I was still trying.


I was still documenting.


Still contacting professionals.


Still seeking regulatory intervention.


Still trying to understand my obligations.


Still planning to restore the money.


Still trying to get back to my substantive work.


Still trying to protect my home and my family.


Still trying to save my life from institutional abuse and employer retaliation.


The documents don’t show somebody abandoning responsibility.


They show somebody desperately trying to manage too many responsibilities at once, while repeatedly saying she could no longer do it alone.


——


“I need support”


There’s a line running through these documents that I don’t want to lose beneath the institutional detail.


On 6 September:


“I’m exhausted… I need support.”


Later that same day:


“I’m so tired I can’t repeat myself or do this alone anymore.”


On 15 September, in another email I wrote that I needed to pace myself cognitively because I was exhausted.


On 26 September, I said I felt helpless.


And on 4 October, when people were finally helping me with the finance problem and I was waiting for assistance elsewhere, I described those little things as “a massive support.”


That’s the part institutions need to understand.


By the time somebody says I cannot do this alone anymore, the appropriate question shouldn’t simply be:


What form haven’t you completed?


It should also be:


How did a person who had been asking for help for this long end up here?


Because by September 2022, the consequences were sitting in my superannuation account.


$290,000.


And behind that number was a person still trying to find a way home.


Source: contemporaneous record of events - Documents 475, 530-531.


——


Some posts leading up to the Parallel Crisis: 


http://mystory-myvoice.blogspot.com/2026/05/stability-existed-then-was-illegally.html


http://mystory-myvoice.blogspot.com/2026/05/chris-minns-kogarah-electorate-office.html


http://mystory-myvoice.blogspot.com/2026/05/the-cost-of-survival-while-they.html


http://mystory-myvoice.blogspot.com/2026/06/the-day-i-almost-didnt-come-back.html



The Parallel Crisis series begins:


http://mystory-myvoice.blogspot.com/2026/07/the-parallel-crisis-continued-trying-to.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.